Your personal data privacy is very important to us which is why we have published this notice for your information purposes. This is designed to explain what, why and how we use your personal data as well as providing you with information regarding our regulatory authority.....
Who is the Data Controller?
Harvey and Thompson Limited (www.handt.co.uk/) of Times House, Throwley Way, Sutton, Surrey SM1 4AF
We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office with registration number Z5870831.Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted via the above postal address or via email at DPO@handt.co.uk
Why do we use your information?
We use your personal information for a variety of reasons related to providing you with our products and services, our business activities and administration, and compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Where you have applied for a credit product (such as a personal loan or a pawnbroking agreement) our reasons also include processing and assessing your application for credit and the administration of your loan or pawn agreement. We refer to these as "credit products".
Where you are using one of our other services, such as a foreign exchange transaction, this is to provide you with services and to manage our risk. We refer to these as "money services"
Where you provide your consent we may use it to send you electronic marketing.
What is the legal basis for these uses?
In most cases our use of your information is necessary and carried out on the following legal grounds:
- For the performance of a contract with you (such as your credit product or money services).
- Where necessary for our legitimate interests (such as the proper administration of our business and managing our legal risks); and
- Where necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation (for example making reports to our regulatory authority or to law enforcement agencies).
Where our use of your data is not necessary for one of the purposes outlined above we may seek your consent to use it in a particular way, for example if we want to send you marketing information, ask you to provide feedback or you tell us about a change in circumstances relating to your health.
Where we ask for your consent you may refuse and can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details set out below.
What information about you do we use
We collect and use the following information about you:
- Information about you including your contact and personal details and, if you are applying for a credit product, information about your financial circumstances;
- If you are taking out a credit product, information provided to us by any loan broker that introduced you to us;
- If you are taking out a credit product or using a money service, information about you from third party organisations to verify your identity and, in the case of credit products, assess your creditworthiness, such as Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs), Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPAs) and tracing agents;
- Information obtained from other public data sources which might include data from the electoral roll, public records including county court judgments, and bankruptcy and insolvency data to the extent this is necessary and justified on one of the legal bases above;
- . Information about your use of our website (see the Privacy Notice on our website for details) and call recordings when you speak to us over the telephone;
- Information you (or your third-party representative(s)) provide us with or share publicly to the extent this is necessary and justified on one of the legal bases above.
When might we collect and use sensitive information about you?
We always seek to treat customers fairly and be responsive to their individual needs. Sometimes you may disclose some types of information which are classed as sensitive under the law. A common example of this is information about your mental or physical health. We will ask your consent to record this information. Not agreeing to us recording this information may impact on our ability to make adjustments for your circumstances. We collect this information with your consent only so that we can treat you fairly and according to your needs.